A brief vita

A brief vita
27/08/2016 pilotpatrick
brief vita pilot patrick

This is your First Officer Patrick speaking. Welcome aboard! Now sit back, relax and enjoy my brief vita!

I am a First Officer and from 2010 to 2016 I have worked for a german Business Jet. Up to that point I was flying the Citation XLS+, on which I have over 2000 flight hours. In total I have over 2500 flight hours. My home base is currently Berlin.

For my first pilot job I moved to Berlin in 2010 and in August 2016 I took a time out of three month in Barcelona. During work I have been to Barcelona many times and it was love at first sight. I decided to move there to improve my Spanish skills and to enjoy good weather and a beach at home. But then a switched companies three months later, which changed everything agin. The new employer grants me to live outside Germany as well, but since the extensive type rating on the A300-600 took place in Berlin, I decided to move back. About my time in Barcelona I wrote a blog post.

Growing up close to Frankfurt I attended high school and finished my A-levels with the age of 18. The german government used to require either to join the military or do a social year after school. Due to the fact that I prefer love over war, I decided to work at a Kindergarten in Friedrichsdorf. Fun fact here the telephone was invited by Philipp Reis in my home town.

During my social year I was accepted at a flight school to begin training. Luckily I was allowed to interrupt the social year, so I could start right away with my flight training to become a commercial pilot. The next two years of training were a lot of fun, but also quite intense and hard. I was putting a lot of effort into my flight training thus graduating with excellent results. In my series of “How I become a pilot” I share the full story. Never the less it took me about one year to find a cockpit job. I was open to all branches in aviation but I always preferred to commence my career with an executive company flying VIPs from A to B.

pilotpatrick_vita

A300-600 cockpit

Since February 2017 I have been flying the wide body aircraft A300-600 at a renominated German Airline. Currently I am in the supervision phase, which means that my training continues during the daily flight business. The conversion from a small private jet to a big aircraft with a maximum take off weight of 170 tons was not easy. But my occupational experiences helped me a lot to adapt to the new operational procedures easily.

Besides my job as First officer I study business administration at a far distant university in Germany. In my free time I love to meet my friends. I like to prepare healthy meals and to got to the gym. I work out regularly in a Crossfit studio. My wanderlust never ceases, so during my leave I spend vacations around the world. On my bucket list are Brasil, Australia and Iceland.

Read in my first blog post: “My dream to fly and why I fly

1. Amal Alsaffar 1 year ago

I enjoyed reading about your background and how you started your career. I faced similar situation and I am still figuring out if I have taken the right decision or not. However, I am still doing the things I love at leaset, crossfit, learning new languages (Spanish my second favorite and French), teaching English and public speaking, and of course my ultimate passion “TRAVELING”! I agree with you in chooing social work over war, becasue hate brings only hate in the end.

I don’t know why I started sharing my thoughts about your personality and your career although there are millions of people in the aviation industry on Instagram. I somehow find it interesting for a sociable person like me to get in touch with others realizing their speciality and potential even if you don’t personally know them, as long as you are kind to them.
    All the best with your sky missions and whenever you think of coming to Bahrain, perhaps on a private GCC tour for a client, I will be happy to help around as I always welcome international friends and present my deeply rooted culture.

pilotpatrick 1 year ago

Dear Amal, thx for being the first one who commented my blog in such a nice way. Best is to follow his passion. This is like a motor in life. Be grateful that you have the chance to travel a lot! Unfortunately the range of the jet I am flying is limited. So Bahrain is too far away! But mabe in the future when I am flying bigger jets 🙂 All the best to you.

2. Lulu 1 year ago

Hey Patrick !

Welcome to the Blogger community. I am currently living in Frankfurt and fun fact, close to where you did your social year. I have been following you on instagram for quite a while now, following your stories on snapchat. Being a pilot sounds really exciting. I have a lot of friends working for Lufthansa though, either as pilots or stewardesses. Becoming a stewardess has always been a dream to me, however I am quite short and unfortunately too short for the main companies. Swiss airlines is the only airline I could work for…

Anyway, hope you’re having a great day in the sky or at the beach.
    Love from Frankfurt and maybe, if you once come back again, you can always stop by at the Hollister Store (not the one in Sulzbach but downtown). I will be happy to assist you hahaha.

All the best,
    Lucile from the Blog : luluusjourney.wordpress.com

pilotpatrick 1 year ago

Dear Lulu. Thx for your sweet comment. Do not give up on your dream to be come as stewardess or something else. There are always ways. For example in the business aviation I am working in you do not have to have a certain height. Fun fact I worked in the first hollister store in Germany when it opened up in 2008. Thx for being one of my aviators. Cool too have you on board. Greetings to my old hometown

3. Aatif Ehsan 1 year ago

Awesome background of your wonderful life! Patrick
    I salute and proud of you.
    Even I am training for B777 and A380 in Emirates. I wish one day you will be Captain .

Aatif
    (Emirates Airlines Aviator )

4. alifewithtrials 1 year ago

Welcome to the blogging world. Its great to read about your back ground. Keep up the good work. Look forward to reading more!!

pilotpatrick 1 year ago

Thanks a lot! I am relly happy to have my own blog to answer all the questions I receive everyday. More great content to come.

5. Sotonye Mangibo 1 year ago

Hi Patrick,
    I admire Uniform Men and Pilots are couragous and daring. Keep up the good works and keep flying higher and higher.

6. Francesca 1 year ago

Hi Patrick, i’m an italian free lance journalist. I like your blog and
    i have much intrigued me your passion. I would like to ask you two things : -What do you feel when you fly ?
    -What would you say to people who are afraid to take the plane ?
    -What you can not give up when you fly ?
    Leonardo da Vinci used to say: “When you will walk the earth after flying , you look into the sky because you were there and want to come back. Do you think is true?
    I’m sorry for all these questions, but I want to know what it feels like to fly over the world , to try for a few hours they feel the birds.
    Francesca G

pilotpatrick 1 year ago

Thanks Francesca for your comment! I hope I could answer some of my questions in the blogpost “Why I fly”. Leonardo da Vinci is right about that. Never the less it is also nice to enjoy the free time on the ground. But there is still the feeling which longs for the sky. In case you are interested in an interview send me an email to: inquiry@pilotpatrick.com

7. Polina 8 months ago

I take so much inspiration your posts about how you achieved your dreams. I especially always like the endings of your articles, they are charged positive.
    I wished you on Instagram flew to South and you flew off. Now I wish you will fly to Brasil, Australia and Iceland. Good luck!

Hello Polina,
      great to hear from you again! Thanks a lot for your kind words. I want to share my positivity so the world becomes a more happy place!!!
      Happy landings.

Pingbacks

1. […] my last blogpost “A brief vita” you already learnt a little bit about me. In this article I will tell you about my dream to […]