Try This Out During Quarantine

Try This Out During Quarantine
05/04/2020 pilotpatrick
Try This Out During Quarantine

Anzeige / Advertisment

Dear Aviator,

uncertainty, fear, social distancing and empty shelves of toilet paper. We are living in a situation I would never have imagined in my worst nightmares. Instead of being worried you should extract positivity out of the negativity. Maybe there is something you always wanted to do but you have never found time. Now would be the perfect moment. I changed some daily habits and tried out new things. My article: ” Try This Out During Quarantine ” will give you some inspiration for your extra time you have now!

Thing About Fasting

I have fasted and I can absolutely recommend doing it. A busy flying schedule never allowed me to do it but finally I found time for it. For six days I only drank tea, water, juice and had veggie broths. Since the world seems to be turning slower and there is less distraction, the period of quarantine and isolation could be the perfect moment to fast.

An expierence you should at least try once in your life!

You need a retreat for relaxation and a place where you can meditate. It is a great way to lose weight quickly but I did it to detox my body. I had the feeling that it improve my mental and physical health. Please make sure that you arre fit enough to fast and follow vital guidelines. I followed the instructions of Rüdiger Dalke and be prepared for lots of and downs!

Change Your Bedtimes

Before Corona I usually went to bed quite late and got up late. I went to bed around 2:00 am and sometimes did not get up before 10 am during my off days in Berlin. My days seemed always quite short and I had a hard time to finish all my tasks I wanted to do. In the evening I became tried and I noticed that I was being unproductive. It was easy to postpone tasks due to  this excuse.

The fasting changed my bedtimes tremendously. I was so weak in the evening and I felt so cold (how women would say) that I went to bed around 9:00 pm. I usually got up at 05:30 am. Me and early bird? I never thought this would happen, but it did. Even after the fasting I keep the bed times. The biggest advantage is that I feel that I have more of the day and I can be extremely productive early in the morning when it is still quiet. Try this out during quarantine.

READ: How to relax in minutes with your breathing

try this out during quarantine

Need for sleep

Rethink Your Diet

It has been one of my goals to become more muscular and defined. For years I only saw very little process. The body shaping stagnated and I become really unhappy about this. I also lost my motivation to do more sports since I did not see any results. I realized this must be due to. combination of inefficient workouts and the wrong diet.

Whilst fasting I was able to rethink my diet and adjust it accordingly. I was tracking my calorie and micronutrition intake over the day. To My surprise, I found out that I did not consume the right amount of micro-nutrition. I also discovered I was eating too many carbs and not enough to build muscles. I realized I was not eat properly to improve my measurements. Remember it is 60-70%  the diet and only 40-30% sports to reach your goals.

Check out my YouTube channel PilotPatrick for more exciting videos about my trips around the world!

Quality Time With Yourself

Do something for your personal well-being. It often happens that you are so stressed that you forget about your personal needs. Boredom can also be something positive and it is beneficial for your mental health.

Even in a state of quarantine there are a lot of things that are not restricted like: creativity, fun, love, cooking, sports, learning, gaming, make music and so on.

Do something you always had in your mind but for whatever reason you have not done it yet. Try out something you have not done yet. I meditated during the fasting period to soak up energy and find my inner balance.

Let’s call it personal quality time to pamper yourself. Even after Corona you should once in while take time ou to improve your well-being.

Try This Out During Quarantine

Work On Your Goals

DO IT! Now you have the extra time to work on your goals. Maybe you have had a business idea in your mind but you never had the time to fully concentrate on it. Why not do it now? Put down your business plan on a piece of paper. Let Corona be your friend that gives you the extra time with little distraction. As I said extract the positivity out of the negativity. There are probably new profitable business possibilities due to the virus! I am currently working on three different projects which keep me busy.

Always look ahead, because we fly forward and not backwards!

try this out during quarantine

I reached my goal in being an Aviator

Get Rid Off Old Stuff

It can be such a freeing feeling to get rid off old stuff Use the extra time to go through your drawers, cupboards and closets at home. Look for things you do not need anymore or you have not used for a very long time. You probably will discover things you do not need anymore, but you have a hard time throwing them away. My tip: make a pile and set yourself a quatity you want to keep as a maximum.

You not only will experience a freeing feeling, you can also turn your old things into money. There are different platforms on which you can sell them: eBay, Kleinanzeigen, e.g.

You can also donate clothing and furniture to those who need it. I recently took an old suitcase with clothing to South Africa to donate it.

Positive mind. Positive life. Happy landings.

I hope the article: ” Try This Out During Quarantine” inspired you. What’s the first thing you would like to do after quarantine? Let me know in a comment below and do not forget to like the article.

1. Do thị hoàng yến 2 months ago

Cảm ơn những điều bạn chia sẻ, rất hay và ý nghĩa. Tôi sẽ thử làm theo những điều đó. tôi rất hâm mộ bạn, tôi thích đôi mắt xanh như màu xanh nước biển và nụ cười dễ mến của bạn, ước gì có thể được nói chuyện với bạn! tôi đến từ Việt Nam. chúc bạn mạnh khỏe và hạnh phúc!

• Hoàng Yến 2 months ago

Tôi rất thích đôi mắt xanh và nụ cười dễ mến của bạn, tôi đến từ Việt Nam, chúc bạn mạnh khỏe và hạnh phúc

2. Alfsverden 2 months ago

Ich werde meine Großeltern besuchen, wenn es vorbei ist Ich habe bereits Zeit damit verbracht, aufzuräumen, mehr Sport zu treiben und mich für meine Arbeit zu verbessern Liebe Grüße Alf

3. Uzair 2 months ago

Hello

4. Shiran Abraham 2 months ago

Thanks for always encouraging to your aviators via your blog and vlog . You’re the inspiration for all your aviators, give us always very useful tips and good knowledge . Very interesting knowledgeable and useful blog post . It’s give people so many tips who are in quarantine. I do fast ones a year but can’t do every month as I’m always busy at my work and no time for myself, for donate yes I do donate my old clothes and furniture as well . Thanks for always spreading your positive vibes and give always strength on our bad and hard times.. you’re the best captain gorgeous .

5. Любовь Николаевна 2 months ago

Dear Patrick, thank you for your blog, it is the best support and motivation in our time!!! Thank you very much!!! You are the best!!!

6. mimosa0120 2 months ago

hi my Prince. Your article today is very good. You are right, during this period of social isolation, we have time to do what we wanted to do without finding time for it. All the things you’ve done I really want to do: fasting to purify the body, meditation, rearranging personal belongings, business … especially positive thinking. sometimes we live a little bit slowly, which is also a good thing. racing against life I really feel stressed out. I always want to go somewhere quiet, temporarily leaving everything and all relationships to feel liberated. meditation is my favorite thing. I read your article today, I suddenly realized why I can’t get fat even though I eat and drink in moderation. maybe I need fasting to cleanse my body and the most important thing is to let my mind relax, free, comfortable, sleep more than before and not think too much about life. Think only positive things. Thank you so much for this article. Enjoy your Sunday, Prince

7. Dianzclinton 2 months ago

Dear Patrick .. Thank you for your blog .. You are the best support and motivation for aviator .. You are the best Captain .. Love you ..

8. Anastasia 2 months ago

The words we need during this hard time, so thank ! QTY (Quality Time with Yourself ) sounds really great! The first thing what I would like to do after quarantine is to switch QTY into QTF (Quality Time with Friends) ! Stay safe and healthy, Patrick

9. Emmy Puspasari Indonesia 2 months ago

Your blog today is really inspiring me..
    Im learning baking alot… but im still working everyday 4 hours a day. Usually 7 hours at my store..
    But i have much time at home..
    Also i follow and watch your YT video alot lately..
    But im still curious about your fasting and your Healthy lifestyles!! Its amazing..
    After Corona gone… i want to meet you in Bali island and playing in waterboom alot
    Have a nice day my dear

10. Liliani Setiawati 2 months ago

Yayyyyy new blog. This is a very unique blog that you wrote, about fasting
    ..amazing. hmmm, you made me wanna try fasting, maybe next week. I cant focus cos your outfit is soo COOL. I wanna have it too

11. Chisnum Emmanuel 2 months ago

A really nice and informative blog post on fasting and it’s after effects. Would try to fast and see if I can gain weight afterwards. Keep up with the good work

12. Michele 2 months ago

Such Inspiring ,positive, motivating awesome blog post <3 I love it so very much <3 I just love reading your blog post <3 Not sure I could do fasting due to my medical condition that i have anemia that i would never do it. However, it sounds interesting and benefit your body and health. It's very limit adjustment for me to change my bed time schedule since i don't really have a specific one due to my busy work. However, i always try to get up early even when my time off that i love your idea to be more productive during the day .For my diet, it's funny that i love to eat and i am not picky. Only one thing that i cannot eat spicy even i am a spicy girl lol . I think a balance diet is most important including breakfast, lunch and dinner . i never skip one ! Also i love fruit and veggie all the time esp making my own yummy smoothies. I love meat esp seafood and steak which help you gaining muscles. Always follow the balancing diet guidelines . Vitamins is very important all well . I really like quality your own time that part . Think critically in life by doing meditation like really slow down a little to smell a rose ,listen some relaxing music to really enjoy life . I love drawing and writing as well . I always wanna publish a children book , at least one in my entire life ! Well, i always work on my goals like i have lot of ideas in my mind esp business plans . i have my own side business since long time ago . However, i have to do more reinfocrement for sure. Recently my new goal maybe learn more about Aviation that i really need your help lol. Sadly it is so very hard for me to get rid of old stuff since i love all my old memories . However, i think i gotta start to listen to you my lovely Captain. Thanks honey for this amazing blog quarantine edition blog post ! We really need that ! And look forward not backwards. <3

13. Jan 2 months ago

Such an inspirational blogpost! Your positivity is definitely needed right now as we live this unprecedented nightmare! Sending you my best wishes for you and your loved ones.
    Stay strong – stay positive!!
    Much love
    Jan xx

14. Maite Vargas 2 months ago

Good afternoon! my dear captain Patrick. Wow, wow, first I want to congratulate you for so amazing and wonderful blog about “TRY THIS OUT DURING QUARANTINE”. Dear cpatian Patrick, I think that all your tip are are so awesome, creative and so productive specially doing business, doing sports , cooking, etc. I am agree with you sweet captain Patrick in everything. Thank you so much for always thinking in us and for always being positive before adversities or bad situations I wish you a wonderful Sunday day my favorite captain Patrick.

15. Madeleine 2 months ago

Ich musste einige Male schmuzeln, als ich den Blogbeitrag gelesen habe, weil es genau die Tipps u Infos sind die ich für wichtig u richtig halte. Die Erklärung bezüglich stagnierenden Gewicht trifft es u habe ich ehrlich gesagt bei dir vermutet. Eine zu integrieren hält Körper u Geist fit. Altes loszulassen ist eines der befreiensten Dinge die man machen kann.
    Es gibt so viele unglaublich tolle Tools die einen im Leben helfen.
    Davon gebe ich dir gern welche zurück.
    Grüße

16. LaurenPang 2 months ago

You forgot to add online shopping for things to do while quarantine. Ha ha. : ) Me too, i would have never thought i would see something like this coronavirus in my lifetime. Now anytime I go to the grocery store or exercise outside to take my five mile walk I have to wear a mask. After this quarantine is finished I would like to visit my family in another state.

17. Yoko Kikuchi 2 months ago

Hello our handsome beauty, Captain Pilot Patrick, I read your new blog again and again. It’s so impressed ourselves on our lives when we have to be in the situation of quarantine. I think it’s very important and very good to check my health condition, and to get rid of the unneeded stuff . Thank you so much for your wonderful blog with stunning pictures ✨.

18. Meyriniliu 2 months ago

your new blog about fasting inspires many people.. fasting has many uses for health.. Quality time with your self changed my thinking that was done during quarantine. I really want to learn how to make sushi, it looks delicious… i have never done before.. Thanks for sharing wonderful blog for us.. Stay healthy captain..